Monday, February 15, 2010

Nice Large Print Family Reading Bible

The first Bible I began using during our family reading and devotion time was an inexpensive giant print Bible that I had purchased for less than $15 and had previously used for carrying to church for a couple of years.  It has been a great Bible - especially for the price - but after a few years of regular use I could tell it was not going to hold out forever.  After getting an unexpected bonus at work I decided it would be nice to get a new quality Bible for family use.

Recently I purchased an ESV large print Bible in black calfskin for just this purpose. It is the most expensive Bible I will likely ever purchase but since it will receive daily/regular use it is well worth it. Crossway also makes a nice large print pew edition for a very economical price that I had also considered.  Had I not had the bonus money to help out I probably would've ended up with this version and don't think I would feel like I was missing out.  Since the page numbers and text layout are exactly the same between the large print pew edition and the premium edition that I now own I may even end up getting a copy of the pew version later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment